Friday 8 May 2020

COVID-19, Friday, May 8


Dear Church Family,

Today is my birthday.  Birthdays are supposed to be that one day of the year where you are entitled to be spoiled a little, to eat what you want to eat, and to do some of things that you want to do.  When I was a kid, we could pick any breakfast cereal we wanted – I always chose Alpha-Bits. Gerald brought me some flowers and gave me some plants for the garden, and over the weekend, the kids are planning some distanced visits; one of the families might even provide dinner (East Side Marios maybe??).  I am spoiled and blessed!

Now, as for the things I want to do today…

This is my 54th daily message during this COVID-19 pandemic.  On April 1 I wrote this:

Today try to recall that list from years ago, the one where you had listed all those things you would do if you had the time.  Start the read-the-bible-in-one year; I’m sure there’s an app for that. Learn to play the guitar.  Take up knitting, or painting, or writing poetry, or reading philosophy.  I always wanted to write more, so that’s what I’m doing.

What have you done in the last month and a half that you always-wanted-to-do?  I’ve done a couple of jigsaw puzzles (only 2), played the guitar a bit more (not very well), and kept up my writing.
Whether you are celebrating something today, or simply facing day #54 of the COVID-19 pandemic, this day is a gift to you from God.

This is the day that the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it! (Psalm 118:24, ESV).

Pastor Rita
PS Is it just me, or do Alpha-Bits taste different than they did 50 years ago??


No comments:

Post a Comment