Wednesday 6 May 2020

COVID-19, Wednesday, May 6


Dear Church Family,

Things I miss during COVID-19:  well, first of all, 12 little people – my grandkids.  But I’m going to put all people in one category – family, friends, church family.  For sure, it’s interaction with those I love that I miss the most.

I miss books too.  I’m grateful for the library app on my phone, and for the commentaries on my computer, but yesterday someone referred to a book of poems, that I’m pretty sure it’s on my shelf at church.  And to just hold a real book in my hands, I miss that.

And then there’s the list of things that I only do occasionally – eating out, going to a movie, a trip to Florida, shopping. But I wonder if I miss those things mostly because I know I can’t do them right now.

The apostle Paul says that he had “learned to be content whatever the circumstances” (Philippians 4:11). That’s an impressive statement.  We can strive for that contentment.  But read a bit further, and you’ll see that Paul is not talking about sitting on our hands and waiting for this to pass.  He goes on to say this:  “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” 

And this is God’s encouragement and promise, from Deuteronomy 31:6:  “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified… for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Pastor Rita


No comments:

Post a Comment