Saturday 9 May 2020

COVID-19, Saturday, May 9, 2020


Dear Church Family,

This is my final daily message of this COVID-19 season, at least in Ancaster.  Tomorrow will be my final service with the Ancaster Christian Reformed Church and then on June 3 Gerald and I make the move to Cobourg. What with my birthday and Mother’s Day and my farewell, the house looks like a flower shop; there are cards on every table, and my inbox is overflowing with blessings.

Thank you for your expressions of appreciation for these daily messages; I’ve enjoyed writing them and pray that they provided some encouragement to you.  I wish that this, my 55th message, marked the end of the pandemic, but we are not there yet.

But at the same time, we know how the story ends.  God has promised that he would never forsake us. And Jesus has promised to return and make all things new.  So, I leave you my favourite biblical theme – that of hope.

Romans 5, beginning with verse 2:
“We boast in the hope of the glory of God….We also glory in our suffering, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.”

Pastor Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment