Thursday 7 May 2020

COVID-19, Thursday, May 7


Dear Church Family,

Today I joined a dear friend at the graveside for the committal service of her mom.  A blue sky with a few clouds provided the backdrop. The first dandelions brightened the grass around the casket.  I could hear the birds singing.  All this, via video.

Family members read Scripture – my friend read that beautiful verse from the resurrection chapter:  “Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet…” (I Corinthians 15:51).  The family spoke the words of committal together, they placed flowers on the casket, and they sang.

Jesus my redeemer
Name above all names
Precious Lamb of God, Messiah
Oh, for sinners slain

Thank you, oh my father
For giving us Your Son
And leaving Your Spirit
'Til the work on Earth is done

When I stand in Glory
I will see His face
And there I'll serve my King forever
In that Holy Place

Thank you, Rita and Wes, for inviting us to share this precious time with you.
Jesus’ words:  “Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy” (John 16:22).

Pastor Rita


No comments:

Post a Comment