Wednesday 17 June 2015

Wednesday at Synod

Yes, we are here to do the work of synod, but the best experiences of synod have been our times of worship and our conversations with one another.  Maybe I'm just more relaxed than the last time I attended synod, but I am being blessed in being here in ways that I didn't feel in 2011.  There seems to be a genuine confidence, hope and expectation that the Holy Spirit is going to do amazing things in the CRC.

This morning we continue with the our discussions on the role of deacons within our churches and at our broader assemblies.  The report of the Task Force Reviewing Structure and Culture was to be presented this evening but it may appear on the floor already this afternoon.

Oh, and I had a great time with the under 40 crowd last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment