Friday 20 March 2020

COVID-19, Friday, March 20


Dear Church Family,

Yesterday I had a ZOOM meeting with about 15 other CRC pastors.  We checked in on one another and heard how our churches are navigating the COVID crisis.  All our churches are finding ways to be church while not gathering for Sunday worship or for our programs.  The internet continues to be a very helpful tool with most churches making their messages available online. 

Last week I preached the sermon in front of Gaele and Coby Visser.  We were socially distanced – Gaele in the sound booth, Coby in the back pew. I did my best to envision all of you in the pews!  Tomorrow Ben Wimmers and I will meet Gaele at the church where we will conduct the service for this Sunday. I will lead the service and pray with you; Ben will preach the message he has prepared.  

We fully expect to have the service on line for you to watch by 10 a.m. on Sunday morning.
You can watch the service at any time, of course, but with life being so uncertain right now, it is good to establish a routine as much as possible.  So, do try to gather, with your household AND with your virtual church family, on Sunday morning at 10.  I hope you have also found a special time each day to read your Bible.  If you are following our John reading guide, today you should be reading John 11:38-57. Enjoy that! (even though the second half of that passage isn’t a happy story.)  Your daily schedule can also include a time of prayer, a walk, and other activities you enjoy.

We have gone through a week of social distancing.  The novelty is fast wearing off and next week may feel quite different.  And so it is my prayer that God will reveal to you his glory:  “Then Jesus said, ‘Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?’” (John 11:40).

Yes, may you see the glory of God today.
Blessings,
Pastor Rita
ps:  my lights are flickering as I write this – praying our power doesn’t go out on this windy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment