Thursday 16 April 2020

COVID-19, Thursday, April 16


Dear Church Family,

To stay home or not to stay home.  That’s the question.  Most days, the answer is STAY HOME!  My newspaper seems to get thinner everyday, and even with that, two whole pages, one in green, one in pink, were taken up with posters about #stayhome. 

So, when I went out this morning, I almost felt guilty.  I weighed the pros and cons and decided that it was the right thing to do.   I went out to give blood.

Every day of our lives we make choices, decisions.  Some will be good decisions, others not so good.  The bible can serve as our filter through which we run our choices. Here’s a verse that works well for this purpose, James 3:17:  “The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.”

I think giving blood passed this test.  Whatever you do today, or whatever you choose not to do, may your day be full of mercy and good fruit.  Oh, and one more verse, I Corinthians 16:14:  “Do everything in love.”
Pastor Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment