Friday 24 April 2020

COVID-19, Friday, April 24


Dear Church Family,

I’m wearing my red sweater this morning.  I haven’t worn it since Christmas.  Today I wear it under very different circumstances.  We’ve been asked to wear red today as a tribute to the tragic loss of RCMP Constable Heidi Stevenson and the other victims in the Nova Scotia shootings. 

Red to celebrate and red to grieve.  Both the joy of Jesus’ coming to earth as a baby and the heartbreak of the loss of those lives remind us that there is something much bigger than our immediate circumstances. Science can’t explain either of these events, even though science seems to have been elevated to the status of a religion these days.

Continue to put your faith in God.  Trust him today.  A word from God for all those who wear red today, for all those who are lonely, fearful, worried:
“Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10).

I’m not sure I’ll leave the house today, red sweater and all, but with many Canadians, I pray today that those grieving families in Nova Scotia will be upheld by God’s righteous right hand.
Pastor Rita
#WearRedFriday  #NovaScotiaStrong


No comments:

Post a Comment