Saturday 18 April 2020

COVID-19, Saturday, April 18

Dear Church Family,

I’m writing this in my pajamas, before I put in my contact lenses, and with a serious bed-head happening.  One of our kids skyped us this morning, and we were still in bed!  There definitely are some advantages to this self-isolating thing.  I’ve talked to others who are finding the more relaxed pace to be a wonderful thing.  They tend to make that statement as some sort of admission or confession.  How can they be enjoying life during a world-wide crisis?

This is who we are, as Christians, isn’t it.  We know that our world is broken and that the effects of sin impact our relationships, our sense of self worth, our economy, ya, everything.  COVID-19 is part of that brokenness. 

And yet, I’ve got the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart.  I’ve got the peace that passes understanding.  Such a great little song!

A blessing for you, from Romans 15:13: “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him.”

Now, I’ll go take my shower and get dressed, and THEN send out  this message.
Pastor Rita  

No comments:

Post a Comment